1) SLaPB Accreditation Unit
- Managing and coordinating the accreditation activities of SLaPB for public and private skills training providers in accordance with the Act 652 which includes all 13 states (1500 PB, 6000 program).
- Examining SLaPB's accreditation documents in light of current guidelines and ISO quality standards (New PB and Renewal Program).
- Managing New PB and Program Renewal accreditation documents for ISO Internal and External Audit review.
- Managing and coordinating the appointment of SLaPB accreditation verification officers
- Managing claims for the appointed personnels with regard of the SLaPB accreditation process.
- Managing, coordinating and conducting guidance programmes related to accreditation activities of SLaPB Accredited Centre (AC).
- Manage the application for information amendments of personnel in SLaPB Accredited Centre (AC).
- Managing the SLaPB accreditation evaluation panel advancement programme
- Providing feedbacks on complaints or any issues on accreditation of SLaPB Accredited Centre (AC).
- Planning and coordinating information management system requirements related to the accreditation of SLaPB Accredited Centre.
- Managing the Pre-Committee Technical Meetings arrangements.
- Preparing complete documents for Technical Committee Meetings and managing notifications of meeting results
- Managing panel appointments and conducting curriculum mapping workshops for public agencies' parent commissioning
2) NDTS Accreditation Unit
- Coordinating and managing accreditation activities for NDTS Accredited Centers (Training Centers and Companies) under Act 652 involving 13 states (1600 PB, 4000 programs).
- Coordinating and examining the accreditation document of NDTS, according to the guidelines that were in force and ISO quality procedure (PB New and Additional Programme).
- Managing the New PB accreditation and Additional Programme documents for ISO Internal and External Audit review.
- Managing and coordinating the appointment of NDTS accreditation verification officers
- Managing claims for appointed personnel in respect of NDTS accreditation.
- Managing, coordinating and conducting guidance related to NDTS accreditation activities
- Managing the application for information amendments of personnel in NDTS accreditation.
- Managing the NDTS accreditation evaluation panel advancement program
- Providing feedbacks on NDTS complaints and accreditation issues.
- Planning and coordinatinge information management system requirements related to NDTS accreditation;
- Managing Pre Committee Technical Meetings.
- Preparing complete documents for Technical Committee Meetings and manage notification of meeting results .
3) Accreditation Guidance And Coordination Unit
- Drafting accreditation policies, standards, and regulations in accordance with Act 652.
- Conducting consultation services for training providers / agencies / industries / individuals
- Coordinating data and statistics related to accreditation activities.
- Coordinating cooperation within and outside the country related to the operation of accreditation.
- Planning , coordinating and monitoring human resources and management , trust and development allocation related to accreditation activities.
- Managing and coordinating accreditation activities for International Accredited Centre
- Managing and coordinating the appointment of accreditation verification officers for International Accredited Centre.
- Managing claims for the appointed personnels of accreditation International Accredited Centre .
- Managing, coordinating and conducting guidance related to International Accredited Centre accreditation activities
- Managing the application for amendment of accreditation International Accredited Centre personnel information.
- Managing the advancement programme for the International Accredited Centre accreditation evaluation panel
- Providing feedbacks on complaints and accreditation related issues for the International Accredited Centre
- Planning and coordinating information management system requirements related to the International Accredited Centre.
- Providing complete documents for Pre Technical Committee Meetings and Technical Committee Meetings.
- Managing the notification of the results of the International Accredited Centre.
- The Secretariat of the Technical Committee Meetings.
Persijilan semula MS ISO 9001:2015
Sistem Pengurusan Kualiti (SPK) Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran (JPK) telah mendapat persijilan semula MS ISO 9001:2015 untuk tempoh tiga (3) tahun bermula Mac 2021 – Mac 2024. Empat (4) skop utama yang terlibat adalah:
- Pembangunan Standard Kemahiran Pekerjaan Kebangsaan (SKPK)
- Pentauliahan Program Latihan Kemahiran Bagi Pusat Bertauliah Baharu
- Pentaulian Pusat Bertauliah Sistem Latihan Dual Nasional (SLDN) Baharu
- Lawatan Pemeriksaan Di Bawah Akta 652.
Persijilan semula ini adalah susulan daripada keputusan Laporan Lawatan Audit Persijilan Semula yang telah dilaksanakan oleh Pasukan Auditor dari SIRIM QAS International Sdn. Bhd. yang diadakan secara maya sepanjang 22 – 24 Februari 2021 yang lalu. Disebabkan oleh pandemik covid-19 yang masih belum berakhir, pelaksanaan audit kali ini adalah mengikut norma baharu di mana sesi menilai Sistem Pengurusan Kualiti (SPK) adalah secara dalam talian. Walaupun berdepan dengan pelbagai cabaran dan kekangan dalam memenuhi kehendak audit, jabatan berusaha menyediakan segala keperluan yang diperlukan agar proses penilaian berjalan lancar sepanjang tiga (3) hari Pasukan Audit SIRIM bersama-sama JPK melaksanakan audit terhadap Sistem Pengurusan Kualiti (SPK).
Jutaan terima kasih juga kepada auditor SIRIM QAS International Sdn. Bhd. yang telah melaksanakan penilaian terhadap SPK JPK. JPK akan terus berusaha untuk menambahbaik kualiti perkhidmatan yang diberikan kepada pelanggan dalam pembangunan sumber manusia mahir negara agar ianya selari dengan kehendak MS ISO 9001:2015.
Planning, Research and Development Division
Division Of Planning, Research & Development (PPP) is divided into 5 units:-
1) Policy Coordination / Synchronization Unit 1
i. Plan and coordinate the development of DSD’s TVET policies and strategic plans through Policy Coordination Meetings (MPD);
ii. Plan and coordinate the preparation of DSD’s answers for related enquiries from the House of Representatives and Senate;
iii. Plan and manage activities of DSD’s Strategic Planning Group; and
iv. Plan activities and Secretariat to the PLV and PPLV Service Schemes Promotion Based on Excellence Criteria Excellence Evaluation Committee.
2) Policy Coordination / Synchronization Unit 2
i. Plan and coordinate activities related to National Skills Development Act (Act 652) and its regulations;
ii. Plan and manage TVET related feedback to agencies and stakeholders;
iii. Manage and coordinate the provision/preparation of periodic statistics according to stakeholder needs; and
iv. Coordinate and update DSD’s Q-fact
3) Policy Coordination Unit
i. Plan activities and Secretariat to the National Skills Development Council (NSDC) and its working committees;
ii. Plan activities and Secretariat to the Joint Technical Committee (JTC) for Single Quality Assurance System for TVET together with MQA;
iii. Plan and coordinate DSD related TVET activities for the National TVET Council (MTVET) and its committees.
iv. Coordinate the results of research findings from DSD and related agencies to enhance implementation of TVET.
4) Development Unit
i. Plan and manage budget application for development projects under the Malaysia Plan.
ii. Coordinate and monitor implementation of DSD’s development projects under the Malaysia Plan.
iii. Coordinate and prepare development project activities implementation report (for related agencies).
iv. Coordinate and update information in the development project monitoring system.
v. Coordinate and report outcome achievement for each development project
vi. Plan and manage implementation of the DSD's talent development programme
5) KPI & International Unit
i. Plan and coordinate preparation of TVET related policy papers for the DSD’s involvement at international level
ii. Coordinate information related to DSD's TVET policies at the international level.
iii. Plan and manage DSD’s participation in international programmes.
iv. Manage and coordinate DSD’s feedback related to TVET for international programmes.
v. Plan and manage implementation of DSD’s Business Plan; and
vi. Manage and coordinate preparation of DSD’s KPI achievement report.
6) Information Management Unit
The main role of the Information Management Unit includes aspects of management, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of existing online systems, developing and updating the JPK portal, as well as controlling technical operations and ensuring the entire JPK service delivery system is implemented efficiently and effectively. The role and responsibilities of the Information Management Unit will be expanded in line with the implementation and use of MySPIKE officially to all stakeholders JPK.
Enforcement and Monitoring Division
This Division has been given responsibility to ensure skills training providers or accredited centres maintain the quality of Malaysian Skills Certification System implementation so that the TVET graduates produced by them meet the requirements from the industries.
Furthermore, this Division responsible to lead the implementation of Single TVET Rating under 11th Malaysia Plan (RMKe-11). The Single TVET Rating will be continued in 12th Malaysia Plan (RMKe-12). This Division accountable to manage, plan and carry out the Single TVET Rating exercises which are implemented by various TVET agencies in Malaysia
1) Enforcement Unit
i. Implement the Enforcement of the National Skills Development Act 2006 (Act 652) as well as the Regulations made under this Act;
ii. Conduct any investigation under Act 652;
iii. Acting on suspension or revocation of accreditation certificate un
iv. Manage appeals under the paragraphs 25(a), 27(2)(a) or section 29 of Act 652;
v. Prepare investigation papers for the purpose of offenses and penalties or regulations under Act 652;
vi. Prepare investigation papers for the purpose of compounding offenses under Act 652;
vii Ensuring understanding of Act 652 among staff and the public;
viii. Plan and manage any course related to the needs of the Inspector or Enforcement Officer; and
ix. Any activities related to Act 652.
2) Inspection Unit
i. Conduct inspections and monitoring of Skills Training Providers or Accredited Centers to ensure that the National Skills Development Act 2006 (Act 652) and regulations made under Act 652 are complied with;
ii. Conduct inspections and monitoring on Accredited Centers to ensure Standards and quality are maintained;
iii. Carry out inspection, monitoring and regulation of advertising of the Malaysian Skills Certification System by the Accredited Centers and relevant parties in accordance with the provisions of Act 652;
iv. Manage the Act 652 Action Committee meetings;
v. Any inspection related activities; and
vi. Implement Star Rating of Certified Program.
3) Customer Service Unit
i. Manage the customer service affair, provide advice, provide advice, guidance and consultation services to customers;
ii. Manage and supervise inquiries and suggestions;
iii. Manage, supervise and ensure that all public complaints are answered within the stipulated period;
iv. Manage the department's public relations matters.