Division & Units
DSD Top Management
Zaihan bin Shukri
Dr. Mohd Rashid bin Buyong Hamzah
Suimi bin Abdul Majid
Planning, Research and Development Division
There are 3 Units under the Planning, Research and Development Division:-
Please Click Planning, Research and Development Division Organization Chart
1. Planning Unit
This Unit is responsible for the planning and development of the National Skills Training programmes in both the public and private sectors.
Formulating policies and strategies for the National Skills Training programmes in the context of:-
- Developments in technology and skills requirements.
- Skills training requirements
- Government policies as exemplified by the Malaysia Plans and the Framework of Long Term Plans.
- Preparing a development plan for the National Skills Training programme which is in accordance with the requirements of the economic sector.
- Monitoring the implementation of policies and the development of the National Skills Training programme.
- Planning for the implementation of projects funded by organisations/foreign nations including Foreign Technical Assistance.
- Advising the government and related industries on matters pertaining to skills training.
- A secretariat to establish NASDA acts and regulations to safeguard the quality of occupational skills standards and competencies of workers.
- To study and analyse the nation’s needs for skilled human resources and skills sectors
- To conduct studies and research on the impact of existing skills training programmes designed to strengthen and boost future programmes.
- To conduct research to benchmark the National Training System with those of foreign systems.
- To disserminate research findings to specific agencies/divisions for follow-up action and for general referencing.
- To conduct research and evaluation on skills training curriculum to ensure its effectiveness and relevance to industry needs.
- To set up the Skilled Human Resources Research Institute (IPSMM).
- To disseminate findings, analyses and evaluation of research for general access/ reference
3. Development Unit
Coordinate Allocation and Expenditure for Development and Human Capital Development to :-
- Prepare a development budget estimate for the Malaysia Five Year Plan (RMLT)
- Plan, identify, manage, monitor and prepare monthly and annual reports (physical progress and expenditure) on the implementation of activities and development projects which were carried out based on the approved scope and allocation.
- Update physical progress and expenditure on development projects in the Project Monitoring System II (SPPII).
- Manage and monitor the human capital development programme.
- Prepare a progress report for the human capital development programme
National Occupational Skill Standard Division (NOSS)
The National Occupational Skill Standard (NOSS) are divided into 4 main units:-
- Standards Development Unit
- Consultancy Unit
- Question Bank Unit
Please Click National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS) Division Organization Chart (NOSS)
Function of Each Unit Under the National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS) Division
1. Standards Development Unit
- Plan and manage the development of theNational Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS),that is, the document which sets the standards through quotation of skills that need to be obtained by a skilled labour force.
- Monitor the development of NOSS through quotations so that it is carried out according to the schedule, format and in compliance with the quality set.
- Monitor the development of NOSS in the transfer of the warrants to the appointed agencies that meet the set criteria and quality.
- Prepare and organise the development application of NOSS online through i- NOSS system that is linked to the Malaysian Skills Credit System (SKKM)
- Plan and manage the development of NOSS internally involvingJPK facilitators.
- EstablishingNOSS development committees by appointing panels of developers who meet the criteria in their respective fields.
- Conduct NOSS development workshops covering review of Occupational Analysis(OA) , Occupational Area Analysis (OAA), Job Analysis, Curriculum of Competency Unit(CoCu), Proof Read and Standard Technical Assessment Committee (JTPS).
2. Consultancy Unit
- Identify and analyse NOSS titles based on occupation field in Occupational Analysis (OA) that has been setup.
- Identify potential of external parties (Industry) to develop NOSS.
- Research and identify takers before development ofany NOSS is carried out including reverse engineering and requests from external parties through fast tracks.
- Equate the training needs of the industry with the development of NOSS-based LWA to suit industry needs.
- Ensure the NOSS that is developed, is used and updated based on needs.
3. Bank Question Unit
- Manage the development of skills training questions as assessment documents for the implementation of the Malaysian Skills Certification System.
- DevelopTraining Skills Question Development Guidelines.
- Specify the programmes for the development of evaluation questions.
- Identify and manage the appointment of the panel of experts for the development of evaluation questions.
- Supervise the production activities of the set of evaluation questions.
- Prepare reports and statistics on the development of the Question Bank.
- Managing the System Application infrastructure of e-QB questions development.
National Dual Training System Division (NDTS)
Nasional Dual Training System (NDTS) is divided into 3 sections, namely:
1) Strategic Alliance
2) Curriculum & Accreditation
3) Operation and Implementation
The Functions of the NDTS Divisions
1) To coordinate and manage the programmes such as promotion/information/encouragement to GLCs, MNCs, SMEs, associations and other organizations in order to encourage and getting them to participate in the implementation of NDTS.
2) Manage and develop the Learn & Work Assignment (LWA) as a document of the evaluation questions, assessment criteria of knowledge, skill and knowledge evaluation criteria that will be used by the industry.
3) Commissioning of the company/trainer center and the organization as an Accredited Center of NDTS.
4) Coordinating training activities, evaluation, certification and regulating NDTS program implementation activities quality at the Accreditation Center NDTS.
Strategic Cooperation Division
- Responsible for providing support services in the field of human resource development and services to all Divisions and Districts under the Department of Skills Development (JPK).
- Ensure prudent expenditure according to the instructions of the Treasury and current regulations. Also to ensure that revenue collection is carried out efficiently and in compliance with the financial regulations currently in force.
- Manage administrative services of the department efficiently and effectively.
Human Resource Management Services Division is responsible for the implementation of the following :
Objectives, Mission and Vision (PMO) Division
Client Charter (PMO) Division
Customer Service Unit